Accepting 15 applicants for our inaugural cohort!!
- Current and certified secondary science teacher or elementary teacher within Wayne County
- 60% or more of classes must be in science courses if you are a secondary teacher. If elementary, science must be a core discipline in your weekly schedule
- Be within first 5 years of classroom teaching experience (you may apply in your 5th year)
- We are accepting teachers with more teaching experience for this first cohort.
- Complete online application form, which includes: Personal information, teaching experience and professional learning experience questions.
- Complete a personal statement. You will receive the personal statement question upon review of your application. This statement will be in an essay format no longer than 600 words in duration.
- Two letters of recommendation (digital form sent directly to references listed on application form)
- One of the following: Current Principal, Building Administrator, Instructional Coach, Curriculum Director
- Science Teaching Peer
- Complete commitment form: Candidates must commit to:
- participating in the full 3 year program
- teaching in Wayne County for duration of Fellowship
- sharing their classroom teaching practices with video and audio recordings, interviews and reflection
- sharing relevant student data
- attending 80% of Fellowship meetings during their 3 years in program
- hosting/co hosting at least 1 Fellowship meeting within their 3 years
- working with Wayne County RESA Science Education Consultant who will serve as an advisor and mentor in the program
- reporting on progress on the program annually
- hosting and/or participating in a Studio Days session once in the program
- telling the story of their Fellowship Experience